Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas- SOL 4/31- Book Blog


 Last week I read The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas by John Boyne. As I turned the pages in this magnificent book, I was touched with different emotions. The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas follows a young boy named Bruno, who lives in the heart of Berlin, just before WWII. Bruno's father's job is unknown to Bruno, all he knows is that it is very important. Suddenly Bruno must leave Berlin with his family because of his father's job. He is moved off to a desolate place, and he is cut off from all his friends in Berlin. Bruno meets a young Polish Jew at his new home, but why is he here? Will he uncover the truth of his father's job? What will he discover in his new surroundings? This book gripped me with excitement and sadness as I slowly uncovered the truth of why Bruno's family was there. I highly recommend this book for anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I started reading this book last year but I never got to the end. I really want to finish it though, so thanks for reminding me to read it. It sounds like you really liked it.

    ReplyDelete