Friday, March 14, 2014

SOL- 14/31- Ouch


My foot drummed against the metal goal post. My chest heaved, shoving air into my lungs. The ball had rolled back to our coach. His mouth opened and the word go was shouted. I ran forward towards the striker who had the ball. As I approached him I slowed down and started to jockey him towards the sideline. He tried to draw me out with a simple flick to his right, but it was a poor touch. I seized the opportunity and rolled the ball back from his feet to mine.I flicked the ball through his legs. I stepped to the side of him and I ran forward. Suddenly his foot stamped down onto my ankle. Blood trickled down my foot, and forms of bruises had already bulged from the bottom of my shin to the bottom of my ankle. I looked down at my foot and slowly dragged myself off the pitch. He walked away without saying anything.

6 comments:

  1. Jeez, talk about no remorse! Sounds like that hurt. Nice slice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer is fun in that way, but also painful. I like this line "He tried to draw me out with a simple flick to his right, but it was a poor touch."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the phrase "Shoving air into my lungs." Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all of the the depth and detail you put into your writing, it really pulls the slice together. Overall it was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Superb word choice. A terrific slice of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! That sounds rather painful. You did a great job describing the game and the injury. I felt like I was there watching you play.

    ReplyDelete