Monday, March 24, 2014

SOL 24/31- Living Room Parkour

The Floor is Lava-


I gripped the armrest of the couch, ready to launch myself off. I leaned back and fired myself over the coffee table and towards the chair. I just made it and pulled myself up on top of the chair. I then leaped across to the other couch. It was a very long jump, and my brain was whizzing around at the prospect of falling in the lava. I just made it to the couch, landing in a heap on armrest. I ran forward and flew myself onto the next chair. I had made it! My mission was complete, I had not fallen into the lava during my journey. Suddenly, the chair started to fall back. I stood up in a last ditch attempt to get to safety. Thump, sizzle the chair had fallen into the lava. I pushed myself forward towards the couch, but missed by an inch. My fingers feebly tried to grab the couch, but I was slipping fast, if only someone was here to save me. Out of the blue, the silhouette of my brother appeared on the other side of the couch. My eyes widened in glee.
"Save me, save me!"I cried.
"I'm coming brother!"He replied. He grabbed my sweaty palm, and began reeling my body up to the couch like a fish. Suddenly, he jolted me backwards, sending me flying into the lava. He cackled as my body slowly burned in the living room carpet.

9 comments:

  1. Stab in the back by your own brother! Thats brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun although the part about being stabbed in the back by your brother. How old is he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever played this game, except once when I had had so much sugar and caffeine it was a little like being drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved how you created your entire scene. I could see the living room with the couch and chairs and you bounding across them all to safety. Drat that burning living room lava! Would you mind if I used this for a mentor text with my students? They are third graders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't mind at all, thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  5. Awesome job, as always describing that experience. Like Lydia, I don't think that I ever did these types of games as a kid either. Hm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked how you made this piece exciting, and combined fantasy and real life to make a very unique slice.

    ReplyDelete