Sunday, March 16, 2014

SOL 16/31- Spring


My dog lay in a large sun patch, just under a sprouting tree. He stretched and rolled around in his spot as a cool wind drifted into the trees branches. The tree whispered a little and its branches shook a few leaves from its body. Grass waved to the bright sky and said hello. Bright, pretty flowers glanced up at the few clouds in the sky. The sun beamed across the vast blue sky and birds echoed their happiness. Squirrels chattered on their branches and people strolled on the sidewalk. Everyone was outside enjoying the beautiful fresh day. I drifted through a shady spot under the same tree my dog was lying under. I stroked his warm soft fur and smiled. Spring was finally here.

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect slice to describe a sunny spring day! I like how you used so many senses. Starting with your dog was a great hook and so easy for the reader to "see."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly seemed like it today, Eddie. You've described it exactly! I hope we get to keep it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of your descriptions. But that was kinda creepy because I did that exact same thing today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with max, the descriptions that you gave were very good. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete