Saturday, March 1, 2014

SOLSC 2/31- The Cold

The sun beamed onto my face casting a feeling of warmth and happiness through my body. I love the sun, and I knew today was going to be a great day for soccer. My arms tingled with heat as the sun beat  down on them. I smiled, the warmth felt so good.
I opened the door to my house and new I had to be fast, I grabbed my shorts and shirt and headed out the door.
"You should bring a jacket,"my Dad called after me,"It's going to be cold."
"Ok, whatever," I shouted back. It's not going to be cold, it's fifty degrees now, it's beautiful. The car pulled up and I hopped out. I stepped down onto the ground, then the cold hit me. The hair on my neck pricked up and cold wind fluttered through my shirt. I ran over to my coach, who instructed me to begin warm-up. I jogged out to the field and started stretching. As more cars dropped off my team mates the wind had picked up. Kids with warm coats and gloves spilled out over the field in front of my shivering silhouette. The wind and cold increased through to our final game, until it was all finally over. I saw my car pool ride pull up in the street. I ran towards it and collapsed inside, precious heat flew over my body, and my ears and fingers began to warm up. I laid my head to rest on the window, thinking one thing, I should listen to my father more often.


2 comments:

  1. How annoying when parents are right. You captured it well and the line about the "precious heat" is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool
    Nice Story!
    :)

    ReplyDelete