Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SOL 19/31- Football


I whipped the ball forward and flicked it around my opponent. I glanced up spotting out my teammate pushing up through the gap I had made. I played the ball towards him in a clean movement. He took the touch across from me running diagonally towards the sideline. I called for the ball and he played it back to me above the defenders approaching him. I jumped up and it thudded on to my chest and back to my feet. My teammate had continued his run out and was now sprinting forward. I took a touch forward and played the ball to him so he was just behind the last defender. I sprinted forward into the box as two defenders chased me. The ball curled in casting a silence across the field. I took one step and launched my self at the ball. My head caught the ball and sent it into the far top corner of the goal. I smiled and walked back to my team.

5 comments:

  1. I love this slice, it almost feels as fast paced as being in the real game. I also like soccer-although I couldn't have made that goal, I am completely terrified of headers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome slice. I stink at football (soccer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good time playing, and yeah like Gavin I suck at soccer/football (whatever you want to call it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like soccer too. Cool. I like your background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very action packed slice. I love this line: "The ball curled in casting a silence across the field." So descriptive.

    ReplyDelete