Thursday, March 6, 2014

6/31-SOL- Hand Sanitizer


My dry, cracked hands burned from the drumming on my computer keys. My fingers had pulsed back and forth, up and down, across the dirty keyboard. Dirt wriggled its way under my finger nails and heat swept over my rusty knuckles leaving a immense pain on the surface of my skin. Then out of the corner of my eye I spotted a glistening squirter full of… hand sanitizer. I stepped slowly over to the bottle. I cast my right hand over the top of the squirter and I placed my left at the bottom of the squirter. Then I pressed down on the blue top. Clear, clean, sanitizing liquid flowed over my skin, trickling down through my fingers. The deep cleaning washed down into my skin washing the keyboard grime away. I love you hand sanitizer.

2 comments:

  1. You described everything really well here. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent imagery. Your word choice and sentence fluency enhances the sensory experience for the reader. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete