Saturday, March 15, 2014

Boomeranging- SOL 15/31


My friend Drew's arm reeled back and fired, launching the boomerang high into the air. The boomerang spun and curled down to the dirt. It bounced and then finally laid to rest a few meters away from where he threw it. It was a lovely time to be out in the park. Families were swinging on the swings, and a brother and his sister were playing lacrosse.
"Alright, my turn," I said.
"Ok, just be careful you don't hit that little girl playing lacrosse," Drew replied.
"I'm not going to hit them."
I hurled the boomerang into the air. It toppled and skipped straight into a gust of wind. The boomerang suddenly flew down, curving straight towards the little girl. She was running and did not notice the boomerang heading straight for her. As she neared the impact zone, she stopped and turned around. Our projectile whizzed through the impact zone, where it would have smacked her straight in the neck.
"That was close," I giggled.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I had a clear image of the moment and disaster averted. I think the phrase "Impact Zone" is what did it for me.

    ReplyDelete