Friday, January 17, 2014

SOL Slice of Life


Every time I write one of these poems I ask myself the same questions, why is life important? What is the meaning of life? Today I think I found the answer. Life is not a chance, a game, or a reason, I think Life is just an experience. An experience that is just there for the fun of it. People share experiences with others and do that just to create one big experience for everyone, LIFE. But why is death there too? Why can't we just have endless experiences? Maybe death is a gateway to new experiences and a new life. I think the meaning of life is to share your experiences with future generations. I think death is a barrier that stops greed. I think that death is stopping your experiences so you don't take away the same experiences from others. Some people ask, why live if it's all going to end one day?
Here's my reply:
Why not?










What do you think life is?

I'm in a very philosophical mood today.

3 comments:

  1. A thought-provoking SOL. The moment that really caught my attention was this: "I think that death is stopping your experiences so you don't take away the same experiences from others." It is a, to me at least, unique view of death, one that is both disturbing and enlightening. I also like the large gap that you up in the post, giving your reader time to let the words "why not" resonate through time and space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHH STOP IT







    Actually don't though :)

    ReplyDelete