Friday, December 13, 2013

Slice of Life

My New Sport-

It was only three year after I was born, well that was what mama and dada call it, a while before I had discovered my brother, but this sport was completely new. I giggled and crawled through to my brothers room which was just down the hall from mine. I approached his sleeping body with my fingers. I quietly began to crawl down under his bed. I reached my fingers up and slowly, very slowly, yes, slowly. Quickly now I jab my fingers into his heaving belly and wiggle them. He screams and I retreat my fingers into the dark safety of the under bed. I giggle silently as he scampers off into that long hallway. I clamber into his bed and drift off into a marvelous sleep. Little did I know in two years another candidate for my game would be born, a sister this time. How fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of siblinghood! Is he your younger or older brother? I can just see you doing this as a small child! Great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. Your writing is descriptive and has nice sensory details. I especially like your last two sentences. It leaves an opening to a potential continuation of the story.

    ReplyDelete